Thursday, January 19, 2012

Great blog site for younger students

Last week I posted my concern for the safety of blogs with fourth graders.  Today, I found a great website today targeted for teachers blogging with students.
 
                                                  http://kidblog.org

This site allows me to create accounts for each of my students without creating individual email addresses.  By default, this blog site only allows the teacher and students to view the page. There are additional options for parents to gain access through a password and to invite other classes to view and comment.

Students each have their own blogs within the class. However, instead of pushing a "Publish" button, they have to click "Submit for Review."  I review their post and publish it.  You may be thinking that this strict access takes away from the blogging experience.  In some ways it does.  However, I feel this is a great beginning experience that is safe for my students. 


No comments:

Post a Comment